This dry Clairette has a lovely golden colour, with many interesting aromas, including toasted hazelnuts, almond, fennel, butter, and some subtle low key white and yellow fruits. The Palate is also very complex, with similar flavours, but with the almond, butter and white fruits more to the fore all underpinned by an interesting minerality. The wine has a lovely balance, with a freshness that is wonderful, and a lovely long length.
Maturity: at peak, drink over 2 - 3 years
- Hand picked grapes from old vines are destemmed
- There is a shirt period of skin contact, before pressing
- The a few hours of cold settling
- The fermentation uses only the yeasts found on the grape skins
- The wine is aged 30% in oak and 70% in inert containers for up to 10 months before blending and bottling
Food: White meats with a cream and mushroom sauce, goat's cheese, sheep's cheeses (not blue)