A beautiful golden late harvest wine made from Carignan Blanc, this is truly special. It has a complex nose with orange, apricot, peach, and more fruit noted with just a trace of sweet spice.
The palate is equally interesting, with more orange, apricot, peach and touches of sweet pear all noted, and on the long length sweet spice and even a touch of sweet herbs coming through.
With 25-30 g per litre of residual sugar it is off-dry to medium dry. It has complexity, balance and a certain something that takes it beyond the ordinary. A very special wine that is very rare.
Maturity: Delicious now, but has much aging potential
Food: A wine to savour - I haven't worked out what food it will go best with, but when I do I will update this page!
Alcohol:15% or 11 units per bottle
Variety: 100% Carignan Blanc (80 year old vines)
Terroir: Limestone based soils with much sand and many pebbles
Yields 15 hl/ha
- The grapes were left for an additional 4 weeks on the vine, where they dried out, concentrating the must
- Grapes are de-stemmed before a short period of skin contact and pressing
- The must is fermented and the wine aged in large oak barrels for 24 months
- The fermentation finished naturally after several months
- The wine was not fined or filtered before bottling
- Total production was less than 1200 bottles